This week has been a rough one. After 15 wonderful weeks with my little man, I had to go back to work. There were lots of tears, but I made it through. Now as I sit and enjoy a cup of coffee on this beautiful Saturday morning, I find myself thinking about the new “normal” in our house. It’s exciting but stressful to think about how different things will be now that J is here. As much as I’m looking forward to our first summer together as a family, I know I’ll need some “me” time. And one of my favorite ways to get away is through a good book. Read on for the books I plan to read this summer!
1. Country Music Broke My Brain by Gerry House.
This is sort of cheating, since I’m almost done with this book. But I need to get a little help wherever I can – so this counts! 🙂 This is a non-fiction book, so up next is a fiction…and hopefully a book I enjoy more.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
3. Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner.
Love these guys.
4. The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding.
This is the second book in the Bridget Jones’s Diary series. The first one was great – can’t wait to read the second one.
5. Super Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner
6. About a Boy by Nick Hornby.
I read Hornby’s A Long Way Down and loved it. I heard a movie is being made for that book, so I thought I’d read another of Hornby’s. And I’m pretty sure there’s a movie about this one too…
7. Think Like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner.
Do you see a pattern here? This is their newest book. I’m very much looking forward to reading this. Some of the book’s content was already on their podcast, and it’s great.
8. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.
I got this at a garage sale a few weeks ago for $0.50. Score.
9. Monkey Mind by Daniel B. Smith.
A memoir about a man with severe anxiety. I heard it was actually pretty funny.
10. Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O’Farrell
What’s on your summer reading list?