Happy second day of the best month of the year. : )
We are half-way done with 2013! I can’t believe it. Life has been a little crazy lately, so I wanted to post a little something today about my 10 favorite recent purchases that gave me joy. Luckily, none of them cost a lot, but they definitely make me smile. : ) It’s the little things!
1. Tone It Up! Perfect Fit Protein – I am in l-o-v-e with this vanilla-flavored protein powder. It’s made from brown rice and is raw, organic and vegan. Most importantly – it is GOOD! Even my protein-powder-snob husband loves this stuff.
2. Mason jar tumbler – I can’t think of anything more perfect to drink my smoothies out of. It’s fabulous.
3. Star-shaped ice pop molds – just in time for Independence Day, these star-shaped Popsicle molds will be getting a lot of use this summer. I love the combination of functionality and adorableness!
4. I’ve been eyeing this maxi dress I saw on Pinterest for a while, and I’m so happy I broke down and bought it. It’s so comfortable and can be wore about a trillion different ways.
5. This congratulations card we bought for my mother-in-law when she recently became president of the American Dental Hygienist Association (ADHA). I am so proud of her amazing achievement, and I hope she does exactly what this card instructs everyday!
6. “The Whippoorwill” by Blackberry Smoke. We saw this southern rock/country rock band open for The Zac Brown Band last year, and I’ve been a fan ever since. I just adore this group – long hair and beards and all.
7. I guess this really does’t count as a purchase, but it was inside a recent purchase. How funny is this fortune? It makes me laugh! I guess I am a crispy noodle!
8. An iPhone 5. Big smiles : ) My old iPhone 4 was on its last legs – it wouldn’t charge and the main button wouldn’t work. I held out as along as I could, but I’m so happy with my new phone.
9. This entire ensemble:
I wore this as part of a 5K scavenger hunt in downtown Cleveland with three other ladies. Collectively, we were the bearded team called “Duct Dynasty”. The whole day was so much fun, from running around looking for clues to posing with some of our fans for pictures. My first (and probably only) experience as a “celebrity”! That beard was the beast $7 I ever spent.
10. Dinner for my wonderful husband on his 30th birthday. Any time spent with this guy is worth every single dollar spent. : )
P.S. Like the new look of the blog? I’m feeling the lighter look for summer!