What is “High Five Friday”? It’s a weekly posting I do to remind myself of all the good things that have happened to me during the week, no matter how small they are. Bad things happen in this world. That’s one thing we unfortunately cannot get away from. But these posts keep me focused on all I have to be thankful for in my life, instead of all the chaos and tragedy going on. Reminding myself of the joy and happiness in my life really does have a positive impact on my outlook on life. So I challenge you to try it. Take five minutes and write down five positive things that have happened to you this week. They don’t have to be huge, life-changing events; as you can see from my list below, nothing out of the ordinary really happened to me this week. But once I focus on that small, ordinary event, it becomes extraordinary. I know it’s cliché, but the power of positive thinking is truly amazing!
1. Lindsey and I met for dinner yesterday. I haven’t seen her since she had her little boy in July, so a long dinner with her was a welcome addition to my week!
2. I updated the About Me section of my website – which made me think about all the people, places and things I love in my life. 🙂
3. My dad had an AMAZING personal accomplishment this week. So proud of you, Daddy!
4. My co-worker, Amy, called yesterday to tell me the client we work on together sent us “Thank you” gifts for the eventful tax deadline we experienced on Monday. Because of how stressful the last few days (and the last few months) have been for us, their gesture really meant a lot. It’s a wonderful thing to feel appreciated.
4. After a crazy end to a crazy busy season, I took today off of work. So far I’ve relaxed, caught up on some reading and ran a few errands, and later I have a happy hour with some girlfriends, a get-together at a friend’s house and a movie/drinks with my husband to look forward to. I love Fridays!