What is “High Five Friday”? It’s a weekly posting I do to remind myself of all the good things that have happened to me during the week, no matter how small they are. Bad things happen in this world. That’s one thing we unfortunately cannot get away from. But these posts keep me focused on all I have to be thankful for in my life, instead of all the chaos and tragedy going on. Reminding myself of the joy and happiness in my life really does have a positive impact on my outlook on life. So I challenge you to try it. Take five minutes and write down five positive things that have happened to you this week. They don’t have to be huge, life-changing events; as you can see from my list below, nothing out of the ordinary really happened to me this week. But once I focus on that small, ordinary event, it becomes extraordinary. I know it’s cliché, but the power of positive thinking is truly amazing!
Quick five this week – tax deadline is looming!
1. Ryan and I celebrated our three-year wedding anniversary. I didn’t get home from work until almost 9:00 – so the pizza and Pumpkin Harvest Ale waiting for me was a welcome surprise. We spent our evening in sweats, enjoying pizza from our favorite local pizzeria and watching football. It was perfect.
2. My promotion at work was officially announced – yay!
3. I had to make a couple of trips to a client over an hour away, which isn’t how I prefer to spend two hours of my day, but I used the time to catch up with friends (only where talking on a cell-phone is legal, of course).
4. On Labor Day, my mom and dad had my and my sister’s family over. We had a relaxing, fun day and ate some yummy food: the perfect way to say goodbye to summer. My brother-in-law has told me before how Vance “talks” to his aunt “Nee nee” (me) on his toy cell phone, but I never got to see it until this past weekend. I can tell you one thing: if there is anything that can make my heart melt it’s that little boy saying “Go on, Nee nee” into a phone, even if it is a toy. I love him so much.
5. This week was the official start of football season! Football is one of my favorite parts of my favorite season. Let’s go, Browns!