What is “High Five Friday”? It’s a weekly posting I do to remind myself of all the good things that have happened to me during the week, no matter how small they are. Bad things happen in this world. That’s one thing we unfortunately cannot get away from. But these posts keep me focused on all I have to be thankful for in my life, instead of all the chaos and tragedy going on. Reminding myself of the joy and happiness in my life really does have a positive impact on my outlook on life. So I challenge you to try it. Take five minutes and write down five positive things that have happened to you this week. They don’t have to be huge, life-changing events; as you can see from my list below, nothing out of the ordinary really happened to me this week. But once I focus on that small, ordinary event, it becomes extraordinary. I know it’s cliché, but the power of positive thinking is truly amazing!
1. The weather has cooled down significantly, even getting to fall-like degrees. We took full advantage of the lower temperatures, taking Sarge for plenty of walks. Now, if the rain would stop sneaking in, the weather would be perfect!
2. Another successful ballroom dancing lesson! We focused on swing this time, which taught me that swing dance is not my strong suit. More practice is needed, but still fun!
3. The Browns posted a victory on Thursday night, beating the Green Bay Packers 35-10.
The Browns will always be number one in the NFL section of my heart, but I also have room for the Packers. We have friends in the Green Bay area (we met them while on vacation in Mexico a few years ago), and they are such nice, wonderful people. And man, they sure know how to tailgate. Go Pack! (As long as you’re not playing the Browns)
4. I finally caught up on the RHONYC. Those women are nuts, but I love them. They make me realize just how normal my life, husband, family and friends are. Stay crazy, ladies!
5. I went to visit Baby Ullman! That little boy is such a cutie, and so sweet!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!