How awesome is this month’s Birchbox?! For July, Birchbox teamed up with Glamour magazine for the five senses of summer:
(I love the theme this month, but I have to say one thing: I really hate the design of the box. I might be crazy, but doesn’t it look like 5 multi-colored tongues? Kind of grosses me out. Anyway, moving on…)
I was particularly interested in what “hear it” and “taste it” were, since I haven’t received anything that makes sound from Birchbox before and, well, I like food.
Here is what came to my house this month:
* Harvey Prince’s “Hello” perfume – yum! Love this scent
* stila lip glaze – this gloss in “It’s Go Time” promises “shimmery color with mega-watt shine”. Meg-watt shine indeed! Not for the office, but would be perfect for a night out.
* Gloss Moderne high-gloss hair masque – very excited about trying this.
* Ada Comesmetics bronzer – I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again: yay, bronzer!
The “lifestyle extras” were the part I was waiting for: hear it and taste it.
* Earbuds designed by Birchbox – Ok, lime green and hot pink earbuds? You better believe I put those suckers on right away and took them for a test-jog. I’m convinced they made me runner faster (or at least look cooler).
* Larabar uber bar – bananas foster flavor…I can’t bring myself to eat it because then it will be gone! I’ve heard these are amazing.
If you haven’t tried Birchbox yet, I would highly recommend it. The excitement and anticipation of getting that little box and seeing what’s in it is so worth the $10. And I’ve found that the products inside would cost far more than $10 if purchased. It’s on a month-by-month basis, so you can cancel anytime. Something else to consider – you can give the gift of Birchbox! A friend of mine’s birthday is today (Happy birthday, Katie!), and because I think her and Birchbox would make a perfect pair, I gifted her Birchbox for the next 3 months. Great idea for a girl (or guy! They have men’s boxes too) who has everything.