Hi, everyone! It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted on here – and I miss you all!
I’m so excited for the next couple of weeks – I have a little fun planned for True Whit for the month of September. But before we get to that, here’s a quick recap on how summer has gone in my small corner of the world:
The summer has been an exciting one for those of us living in Northeast Ohio (or as we say “NEO”). To name a few things..
- The Republican National Committee has named Cleveland as the site for the 2016 Republican National Convention. This is HUGE for NEO – this not only means national attention (finally!!) for our wonderful city, but it also means big-time revenue for local hotels and restaurants. And speaking of increased revenue for our area vendors…
- Lebron James is coming home! I always forget that not everyone was so shaken and upset by how he left years ago – so for a (very) short recap, check out my blog post about it. When Lebron made that huge spectacle of leaving the Cavs, most people in NEO were really mad. Not that he was leaving – he can do whatever he wants – but just HOW he was leaving. Cleveland didn’t deserve that, and we definitely didn’t need that. We are fighting hard to show the country that YES – Cleveland is a desirable place to live! YES – there are TONS to do and see! And YES – there is plenty to be proud of in NEO. Making such a public scene was narcissistic and hurtful. I vowed I would never get over it – and I won’t. I lost a lot of respect for Lebron, my fellow Akron native. But now, he’s coming home – and I couldn’t be happier. No, I have not forgotten all about “The Decision”, and yes, I will always dislike that Lebron, but that was four years ago. A lot can change in four years, and it appears Lebron has. His announcement on si.com was so heart-felt and honest. I seriously teared up while reading it. He hit the nail right on the head:
In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.
Yes – everything is earned. Even forgiveness. We all make mistakes – even the Cavs fans and owners – and we all deserve a second chance. So, welcome home, Lebron! Let’s get Cleveland that NBA Title!
- In more recent Cavs news, we also got Kevin Love! Lots of talk about Cleveland being a title contender, and I couldn’t be more excited. Ok, actually, I am more excited about…
- The Browns! Any football fan knows the Browns have had more than our share of downs over the years – and unfortunately I’m not talking about first downs. The Browns haven’t exactly been the powerhouse team we have all dreamed about for many, many years, but that’s ok. I love them just the same. But this year, Brian Hoyer is back and healthy, and we had an amazing draft – which included drafting Heisman-winner Johnny Manziel. I’m still unsure about him, but if he is going to grow up and be our team’s leader, I’m all for it. But for now, I’m Team Hoyer. However, it doesn’t matter to me who ends up leading the Browns – I just hope we have a winning season! Browns fans deserve it.
- And the most exciting news of all – J turned 6 months old! The half-year mark is both a very exciting and very sad one for me. I love watching him grow and learn new things, but each milestone is a reminder that he’s going to grow up and leave me someday. I know, I know – I’m getting a little ahead of myself. But I can’t help it. He’s my little miracle, and I want him to stay with me forever and ever. I know you’re rolling your eyes – and that’s fine. I would probably roll my eyes at me too.
Summer comes to an “official” end this Labor Day weekend. As much as I love summer, I always get excited for the season coming full-force at us: fall. The colors, the weather, the clothes, the PUMPKIN – there is just so much about fall that makes me smile. So to celebrate my favorite season, I’m going to kick off my “30 Days of “Fall”ing in Love” each day of September. I’m so excited to share 30 of my favorite fall decorating tips, recipes and fall-centric things I love, but what I’m REALLY excited about is my guest blogger! My younger sister, Kendall, will be posting along with me. She’s so super smart, funny and wonderful – so I know she’ll have some great things to share.
See you all, September 1st!